4/7/14

New beginning for Elpipes within Alevo

I have struggled to keep my vision of elpipes moving forward for the past six years (since late 2008). I knew that without patents, I had nothing, so I put a large amount of energy, and most of the money I have spent, on the patents. The first elpipe patent, which has now been granted in the USA(patent #8,796,552), and is in the back-and-forth approval process in Europe and China. Similarly, though only since 2011, I focused on the patents for Ballistic Breakers; those patents are also now on the verge of being granted in the US.

I have recently found the visionary investor I've been seeking, Jostein Eikeland, and  am now in the process of folding my two DC grid-enabling inventions into his company, Alevo. I will continue to head up the development of elpipes and Ballistic Breakers, but now with an R&D budget so that we can move on to development of prototypes. I am very thankful to Jostein for this opportunity.

This announcement was not published until October 12 to respect Jostein's desire for secrecy, and to avoid anything pulling attention away from the launch of our GridBank™ battery modules on October 28.

Postscript, September 2018:
Aleveo is bankrupt now, and there are many other posts about that. I just thought I would add this personal note to this particular post. I traded my patent rights in the elpipe for what I thought would be a job pursuing it. In the end I never got adequate funding to even begin that process. I did manage to do some multi-physics modeling And of heat flows and magnetic fields for example, but we never got funding to build any prototypes. I was misled by Jostein in that I was promised $1 million funding over the first year, but we never got anywhere near that much. In fact I was lucky to get my credit cards paid off on which I bought some lab equipment. Unfortunately a lot of that lab equipment was aimed at a high voltage lab, and we never could complete that (So that $50,000 investment was a complete waste in the end). Had I realized that we would never be able to complete that lab I would've build the demonstrator at about 20,000 V.  Live and learn! If you are an entrepreneur and you ever find yourself in a similar situation, never believe anything you hear about the money you're going to get until you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment